Have questions? Look no further! Our Frequently Asked Questions page is here to ease your mind and address any uncertainties you may have. If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly customer support team. We're here to help!
A: We ship our flowers with UPS, DHL, and FedEx. Due to their regulations, we need a valid working phone number in order to ship your product. We also may need to contact you to verify your order information and contact you if we have a problem fulfilling your order. Without a working phone number, we cannot ship your product.
A: EcuadorDirectRoses respects the privacy of our customers. We recognize the importance of maintaining such privacy. Ecuador Direct Roses gathers personal information to process your orders, to communicate with you, and to improve our products and customer service. It also helps provide a more personalized shopping experience. We limit the information collected about you to what is needed for conducting business and offering you the best possible service (e.g. to answer questions/concerns that you express).
Shipping & Delivery
A: The DHL, UPS & FedEx tracking numbers will be e-mailed to you on the same day the shipment is sent.
A: Our partnership with DHL, UPS & FedEx assures you a quality delivery, with tracking options and speedy arrival. To cater to any moment you may need us, we offer you Express Shipping or Scheduled Delivery options. Depending on the day of the order, Express Shipping takes 4 to 6 days to arrive.
Please contact FedEx at 1.800.GO.FedEx or UPS at 1.800.PICK.UPS to confirm what time they guarantee delivery for your specific zip code.
Caring for Flowers
A: One of the most important things to allow long life of a cut flower is being properly processed by the florist/client.
- Upon arrival the box and remove the flower bunches
- Fill clean disinfected buckets with cool water and add flower food
- Remove any foliage that will be below the water line
- With a sharp clean knife or clippers, cut 1/2 inch to 1 inch (1.27cm to 2.54cm) off the bottom of the stems at an angle and quickly place in the prepared water. The more quickly this step is done the less chance the stems will begin to drink air instead of water into them.
- Allow to drink for at least one hour before placing in cooler.
- Now is the time to rewrap the roses with the cardboard wrapping and secure it with the rubber band saved from the stems.
Processing is basically the same for all flowers. The plastic wrap can be left on each bunch for flower protection if the florist/client desires. Flower buckets should never be tightly filled with flower bundles. Flowers should always have room to breath. If the florist/client need the flowers to open quickly for an order or an event, after refrigerating the flowers for a minimum of an hour, they can then be removed from cooler to open. Being refrigerating or conditioned for the one hour allows flowers to become sturdy and more durable. Flowers in the cooler should be reprocessed once a week for as long as they remain unsold.
A bunch is simply a stem count for how we group the flowers together. For example, a 10-stem bunch means that 10 stems are bundled together and placed into the box. So if you receive five 10-stem bunches, you will receive 50 stems in total. Our roses always will come with 25-stem on the bunch.
Interested in a specific flower or greenery? Visit the product page that has the specific item you're interested in and scroll below the photos. The bunch size information can be found in the Product Details tab.
We recommend that your delivery date be 3-4 days prior to your event.
Our fresh-cut roses are packed with 25 stems. We pack in two levels. On the top layer, you’ll find 12 stems, and on the low layer, 13 stems. This will avoid any mechanical failure that may occur while traveling. Ecuador Direct Roses has a well-structured supply chain to offer our customers the best quality in the floral market.
1. Why my roses came incomplete, I received only 12 stems and I ordered 25 stems per bunch?
Our fresh-cut roses are packed with 25 stems. We pack in two levels. On the top layer you’ll find 12 stems, and on the low layer, 13 stems. This will avoid any mechanical failure that may occur while traveling. Ecuador Direct Roses has a well-structured supply chain to offer our customers the best quality in the floral market.
2. How am I protected with the quality of my roses in case my product arrives in bad condition?
Don't worry, you are insured with us! We wake up every morning to provide the best quality and attention to our customers. But, in case you receive something in bad condition, you will be able to rely on our claims and credit policies that you receive at the time of your order. Check your order mail. We have a quality department that is willing to study each case and give the best resolution to our customers to ensure their satisfaction.
3. How far in advance do I have to place my order if I have a weekend event?
We recommend our clients to receive their orders 3 or 4 days before the event, so that the client can process the roses and achieve the desired blooming for the day of the event.
Our flower takes 5 day to reach your destination in USA and Canada. Make your order with at least 8 days of your desired day.
- There are certain products that are recommended to be received 2 days before the event. For these particular cases, it is essential that the client's sales representative provides advice.
4. How to handle tinted roses?
- Avoid using flower food, as they cause color loss and fading.
- Cut the stems, ½ to inch (2cm) and put right away in PURE WATER in a clean bucket.
- Take off the cardboard wrapping 1-2 hours after the tinted roses are hydrated, to avoid drooping rose buds.
- Use a clean and disinfected vase or bucket for each variety, to avoid color mixing.
- Allow the roses to drink for at least 1-2 hours before placing into the cooler.
5.How should I treat tinted roses?
Working with dyed flowers is a little different in a couple of ways and there are some things you should know and expect before you receive them. Some helpful hints for working with dyed flowers include:
- The water changing color is perfectly normal, don’t worry. You will probably notice the water changing within a day or so after processing.
- The stems contain dye so as they sit in water, it will likely change color.
- You do not need to change the water or re-process.
6. How to work with tinted and natural roses?
If your design includes dyed and natural flowers the natural flowers may take on some of tint once processed and placed in the same water/solution as the dyed flowers. This can actually enhance the look of your overall design as the tint would be subtle.
Be aware the dye can seep through the leaves. Always handle with care when processing or putting on display and avoid contact with clothing or tablecloths as dye could transfer.
7. Are the roses transported in refrigerated trucks?
Our trucks in Ecuador have refrigeration on them to ensure our superior quality to our customers. Also on the airplane, the roses are transported in a cool environment during the flight and dispatch. Your flowers will be delivered overnight at the loading dock to maintain their freshness. The flowers remain overnight in the refrigerated cargo agencies where they sleep. However, in the USA and Canada roses are not transported in refrigerated trucks, but don't worry the plants will start to wake up from their deep slumber. Our flowers can be transported for 5 to 6 hours without refrigeration and not be affected in the least. That is the time they are transported for delivery to our customers.
8. What cargo agencies do you use to transport the roses and flowers?
In the USA and Canada we work with UPS, FedEx and DHL freight forwarders.
9. Are all the varieties of roses available throughout the year?
Thanks to the amazing climate we have in Ecuador, and thanks to the best growing conditions, we can produce varieties all year. Some roses, are extremely rare and have different growing conditions, that's why we might have them at specific times of the year. That's why we recommend our clients to prebook the roses for special occasions.
10. What is the minimum quantity I can purchase?
If you need roses, you can purchase from 50 stems of roses.
If you need flowers or greenery, you can purchase a small box of the product you need with the description available on each box.
Remember, in order to get free shipping you must purchase $121.50 or more, otherwise you will be charged $50.00 for shipping.
11. Why I am being charged extra for Canada shipping?
Canadian Customs charges a 10% tax on the total amount of your order; however, we take charge of 4% and you pay only 6% of it.
12. Why I am being charged extra for Hawaii shipping?
Hawaii Customs charges a fee of $10.50 per box.
13. Are different varieties of roses and flowers at different times throughout the year?
Thanks to our growing conditions in Ecuador, we produce roses, flowers, and greenery all year round. Some roses, however, are extremely rare, and we have limited availability. Therefore, it is best to order your desired variety in advance.
14. How do I know if my order is correctly placed/confirmed?
Please check your email inbox, you will receive a confirmation. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam folder. If you still don’t find the confirmation e-mail, please contact your sales representative.
15. When will I receive my tracking numbers?
You will receive an email with your tracking numbers by e-mail once your order is shipped from the farm to the airport.
If you don’t find the email in your inbox, check your spam folder. If you still don’t find the email, please contact your sales representative.
16. What is the minimum amount I have to buy to get free shipping?
You will have free shipping on orders of $121.50 or more. If you purchase this amount and still are charged for shipping, please contact your sales representative.
17 How do I know who is my sales representative?
Your sales representative is the person who helps you with the orders. You will know who is your sales representative by checking the signature on the emails we send you.
If you don’t have a sales representative, please contact customer care or live chat on our website to assign you a sales representative, who will help you with any inquiry you need.
18. What is the difference in stem length on roses?
The longer the stem, the thicker it will be and the flower head will be larger than if the stem length were shorter.